Ideas to support your child with Maths:
- How many steps do you walk up to your house/to bed?
- Can you spot numbers in the environment…e.g. house numbers, road signs?
- Can you see the different number houses in your street? Which number do you live at, what about your neighbours and friends?
- Count out the dinner plates, knives/forks/ cups for tea.
- Count the trees on your way home from school?
- How many windows are in your house?
- How many cars are in your road?
- When shopping, can you count out the different products you need…for example ‘four potatoes’.
- Play boards games where your child has to roll the dice and move that many spaces e.g. Snakes & Ladders.
- Card games.
- Which cuddly toy is the tallest, which is the shortest?
- Can you see any shapes at home? How about on your way to school?
Count to 20 Song:
2d Shape Song: