School policies cover every aspect of school life. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. All Statutory Policies will now be reviewed annually at the beginning of each academic year and uploaded to this page once they have been ratified by the Governing Board or the Headteacher.
Sussex Road School is fully committed to advancing and embedding Equality and Diversity for all students, parents/carers, staff and visitors and to challenging all forms of discrimination.
- All students are equal regardless of their religious beliefs, sexual orientation, race, gender, and gender identity.
- Differences are respected, recognised, and valued because diversity is a strength.
- Positive relationships and attitudes are fostered throughout the school.
- A shared sense of belonging and inclusion is encouraged in the classroom.
- We actively observe and promote equalities practise for our staff.
- We have the highest expectations for all our students.
- We work hard to raise standards for all our students, especially those most vulnerable.
- We challenge stereotyping and prejudice.
These commitments are embedded in all Sussex Road School polices and our admissions arrangements.
If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask at the school office.
If you would like a paper copy of a policy or any other information found on our website, please ask the school office team who will provide this free of charge. Please note this does not includes documentations on other websites where we have provided links for further information.