Our vision, at Sussex Road, is to inspire children to participate and compete in physical activity and to understand the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle which will continue into adulthood.
Sports Premium Funding is a government investment in Primary School Physical Education and Sport.
The Government has invested money to be spent by schools in order to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of teaching and learning of Physical Education and Sport.
The information below explains how we have spent the PE and Sports Premium Grant to achieve our vision for Physical Education at Sussex Road and how the outcomes of the below reports have influenced our plans for the coming year.
At Sussex Road, we are committed to ensuring that our children make good progress in lessons in accordance with the nationally prescribed five indicators:
1) All pupils are engaged in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles;
2) The profile of PE and Sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport;
4) Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
5) Increased participation in competitive sport.